mobile.maori.org.nz

April 28 2017 16:13:47
View Thread
 Print Thread
PETERA, Te Rangiatahua (Weka) Doreen
chrisanne
Weka Iraia and her sister, Hira Jennings (Ngahirata PETERA) were born to Rewi and Te Ao Teiriwhiro Petera in the 1930's & both sisters are buried at Ruatahuna. Were there more children in their family? Thanks. Asking on behalf of Weka's son, Regan,
Edited by chrisanne on 18-08-2014 11:42

Ngamotu34
Don't now your whanau but had a look on bdmhistoricalrecords, - can't find any other children, unless the mother had an English name she was known by? Te Ao appeards to have died in 1974 aged 80, 7 Rewi died 1954 aged 65. Does that sound like them?

chrisanne
Thank you so much for replying - yes, that is the family. NZBDM records are very good but there is a 100 year cutoff (unless the person is over 80 when they pass away) so the sister's siblings would fall within that time-frame. I'm sure there will be an answer sometime. regards, Chrisanne

Melissa
chrisanne wrote:
Weka Iraia and her sister, Hira Jennings (Ngahirata PETERA) were born to Rewi and Te Ao Teiriwhiro Petera in the 1930's & both sisters are buried at Ruatahuna. Were there more children in their family? Thanks. Asking on behalf of Weka's son, Regan,

Melissa
Kia ora,
Ngahirata is my nanny. There are 5 sisters in total. Nanny Weka was the youngest of the sisters. Can help more if you want. Mauri ora

babyatahua
Tena Koutou,

Ngatau Te Hirata Brady is my Great Great Great Grandmother. I have some Info and some photo's that I have found in my current research on my Whakapapa.

Would love any other info/photos/stories etc. I am happy to share with others what I have found.

Nga Mihi Nui
Shaye

Jump to Forum:
Copyright © 2011

Mobile Home