mobile.maori.org.nz

August 01 2014 15:42:32
View Thread
 Print Thread
RAUKAWA: Te Mete: descendants
Kohu-Sofaea
Kia ora
I am a descendant of Te Mete Raukawa and his wife Whare-angiangi who was the daughter of chief
Kereti. I descend via their daughter Te Ngohe (Te Ngohengohe) who married a Te Wheoro and were the grandparents of my mother.

I am looking for other descendants of Te Mete Raukawa and Whare-angiangi and am researching my whakapapa. I know that they had at least 12 children. I know some of the names already...some are as I mentioned above, my kuia Te Ngohe and Karora who was the eldest, Iritana, Rangitutaki, Maria, Apima, Te Ati, Kereti, Kapuhuia but the others elude me.

If you can assit me I would appreciate it.
Edited by maoriorgnz on 09-05-2012 15:20

poutokomanawa
Kia ora,

If you go to familysearch.org and click on the link "Go To Previous Site" then put the name Whareangiangi in the Last Names box you will find a couple of records.

While this may not be exactly what you are looking for it may help you to find some other things to help you on your whakapapa journey Grin

Be warned though, records at that site are a good start but do not believe everything you read there and make sure you get information, especially dates, verified from somewhere else - according to the records there my father and all of his brothers were born in the early 1800's - I know I come from a long lived whanau but we are not that ancient!

Good luck in your search Grin
Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

TeRopata
Tena koe e te whanaunga. I am a descendant of Apima and my grandmother is Ruta Te mete. I have some information which might be of some help so here is my email address: ropata@inbox.com and it would be good to connect and swap info.

Noho ora mai koe.

Te Rangikotama
Kia ora koe. I am interested in the Rangitutaki name as it occurs around my whanau. There is a name Hinewaka connected with Rangitutaki I beleive.
I am also particularly interested in the Te Wheoro connection. I too am connected to this line. Ngohengohe the kuia of Aotea-Manuaitu rohe only passed away in relatively recent years. I never had the pleasure of meeting her but knew of her since childhood as being the person to meet with who would know our connections. The tupuna in common being Te Kanawa I think. That is if I have the right Ngohengohe. My email address is makomihi@hotmail.com if you would like to make contact further. Nga mihi.

clivet
Kia Ora - I have seen documents which may associate Te Mete Raukawa with our whanau in Raetihi. My gg-grandfather is Makatea Raukawa, son of Taka Te Aka(Te Miroi) Raukawa. Te Mete may be associated with this koro. I appears Te Miroi may have come from Tauranga way. His wife in Raetihi was Te Waipuahau. All the best with your research.

Clive

Jump to Forum:
Copyright © 2011

Mobile Home